Google Shopping Ads Checklist
Google Shopping Ads Guidelines
Often Google Shopping Ads are disqualified, suspended or disapproved due to the reasons like site doesn’t match the quality guidelines and meet the policy. Here is the list of your Ecommerce site to qualify for successfully running a Google Shopping ad campaign.
Google Shopping Ads Policy
Please make sure to have the below policies pages listed on the home page of your website.
1. Return Policy : Criteria for returns, time period for returns , processing time and an email address
2. Refund Policy: Make sure to include a return and refund policy which clearly states how you handle these actions, including all requirements and any timelines. If returns and refunds are not accepted, you’ll need to clearly state this on your site.
Your policy should explain exactly how you handle returns and refunds, including:
- What the user is required to do
- Under what circumstances you offer returns and refunds
- Timeframe in which you accept returns
- When your user can expect a refund
Terms & conditions / FAQ
Contact Information: Email id , phone number , Physical address of the store
Payment Methods: Types of credit cards you accept or logos
SSL Certified (Installed SSL site level)
SSL should install site level and all pages should be HTTPs.
The site should have a secure checkout starting from the billing details page (SSL Certified)
Without the above policies, the Merchant account will lead to suspension. Hence it is mandatory to have them all listed before we proceed with the setup.
Editorial & technical requirements
- Websites suspended that are under construction, parked domains, or are just not working
- Websites suspended that have disabled the browser’s back button
- Websites suspended that are not viewable in commonly used browsers
Home page requirements
- Return and refund policy link on home page
- Clear tax and shipping policy as target country
Landing page requirements
- Return and refund policy link on product detail page page
- Product landing pages must be in target country language
- Product prices must be listed in target country currency
- Products must have photos that are at least 800 pixels by 800 pixels
- The key elements of the landing page (title, description, image, price, currency, availability, buy button) must be visible
- Product offer must be prominent on your landing page, particularly when there are multiple items displayed, e.g. variants, similar items or related items.
- Landing page can’t be under construction or link to an error page.
- Landing page can’t display an error status code beginning with a 4 or a 5 (such as a 404 error).
- Landing page must render an actual web page properly.
- If a product has variants (color, size, pattern, material), we strongly recommend that your landing page shows the correct pre-selected variant corresponding to the product listing.
- If your website features microdata, the above requirements apply to that data as well.
- Ensure your items are relevant to or can be shipped to users in that country
- Secure checkout process must be conducted over a secure processing server (SSL-protected, with a valid SSL certificate – https://).
- Website must provide clear and conspicuous billing terms and conditions.
- Users are able to successfully add items to the cart and fully complete the checkout process.
Google Shopping Ads Availability by Country
Shopping ads can appear on Google Shopping, Google Search, and some Google Search Partners in these countries: the US, the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Japan, Italy, the Netherlands, Brazil, Spain, Switzerland, and the Czech Republic.
Shopping ads only appear on Google Search and some Google Search Partners in these countries: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, India, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Turkey.