SEO for Travel Agencies
Given the popularity of booking sites for flights and hotels, travel agencies have to work harder than ever to attract new business online. But despite the fierce competition, your Travel Agency still has a good chance of finding new customers. You just need to know how to employ the most effective marketing strategies, including SEO.
SEO for travel agencies requires a solid understanding of search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, but it’s essential for staying in business. Your customers are looking for the kinds of deals you can provide, but you’re vying for their business with dozens of similar agencies. The only way you’ll capture their attention is by appearing at the top of search engine results. Only a robust SEO strategy can make that happen.
Why is SEO important in the travel market?
Most turn to search engines, daily over 600 billion hunts are made and 97 percent of individuals prefer to find businesses online. In the travel industry specifically; 69% of travelers start their search online.
Users tend to be in a buying frame of mind when buying Google and so conversions are often a good deal higher than other kinds of marketing.
With the widespread use of smartphones and net-savvy devices, an increasing number of customers are based on online channels for their travel requirements. Travel agencies now need to work harder to bring business on the internet and compete in the industry.
Top lead generation sources for Travel Agencies
There are many Online Marketing strategies that can help you attract the quality customers you need. One of these techniques is SEO.
- Google Maps Listing
- Local directories
- Niche directories
- Google ads (Pay per Click)
- Facebook advertising
- Social media management
Popular search queries for Travel Agencies
Below is a list of the MOST CRITICAL keywords related to your Travel business that you want to be sure your website is optimized for:
- Your City + Travel Agents
- Your City + Travel Companies
- Your City + Travel Agency
- Your City + Travel Quotes
- Your City + Travel Agency Near Me
- Your City + Travel Company Near Me
- Your City + Travel Agents Near Me
- Travel Agents In Your City
- Travel Companies In Your City
- Travel Agency In Your City
- Travel Quotes In Your City
- Home Insurance Agents In Your City
- Travel Agency Near Me In Your City
- Travel Company Near Me In Your City
- Travel Agents Near Me In Your City
Most popular SEO keywords for the Travel industry
|Top Travel Agencies
||Best Travel Agency
||Local Travel Agencies
|Local Travel Agents
||Best Travel Companies
||Holiday Travel Agents
|Travel Booking Agent
||Travel Agent Companies
||Travel Agency Packages
|Tour Travel Agency
||Best Travel Agencies
||Travel Agency Services
|Top Travel Agency
||Business Travel Agency
||Top Travel Companies
|Vacation Travel Agency
||The Best Travel Agency
||Good Travel Agency
|Travel Agents In My Area
||Popular Travel Agencies
||Online Travel Agency
|Travel Agencies In My Area
||Top-Rated Travel Agencies
||Honeymoon Travel Agent
|Popular Travel Agents
||Professional Travel Agency
||Good Travel Agencies
|Corporate Travel Agent
||Travel Booking Agencies
||Travel Agency Close To Me
|Travel Agency Nearby
||Best Travel Agent Companies
||Travel Management Company
|Travel Booking Companies
||Travel Agency Online
||Nearest Travel Agency
Popular travel websites where you can earn valuable links to your site and gain the exposure:
Popular topics and questions frequently search for Travel Agencies
A list of popular topics and questions in the Travel Agencies; your customers frequently search in Google. Incorporate these topics on your site helps you drive more organic traffic and generate qualified leads.
- What is the best travel agency?
- Which online travel agency is the best?
- What are some good tour companies?
- How many travel agents are there in the US?
- Which are the top Online Travel Agencies in the US?
- Who is the best travel agent for holiday packages?
- Which travel agency provides the best holiday package?
- How to get cheap holiday packages?
- What are the top travel package sites?
- Which is the best travel agency for domestic package tours?
- What is the best travel agency?
- What are all the travel/vacation package websites?
- How to choose the best travel agency?
- Which is the travel agency for international tour packages?
- Which is the best travel agency for a European tour?
Travel agency website design tips for local rankings and more conversions
Site pages and directory structure
- Create keyword-rich service pages
- Make galleries/portfolio organized around targeted keywords
- Create keyword-rich location pages (execute as service areas)
- Create keyword-rich categories and blog posts
Conversion-focused Moving web design ideas
- Display site-wide phone number prominently on top-right
- Make click-to-call phone number link for mobile browsers
- Display Call-to-Action or Email on the top-right corner
- Display serving the city name region
- Add “Request A Quote” form sitewide
- Add testimonials/display Google Reviews sitewide
- Add credibility badges sitewide (groups, associations, brands, certifications, etc.)
- Display Consistent NAP (Name, Address, Phone) site-wide in the footer
- Add breadcrumb to the top of the page content
- Create a FAQ page
- Add lead generation form or Call-to-Action on blog posts
- Add blog wide social sharing links
- Add blog wide service areas (cites served) links
- Display date and author bio on the blog post
- Create an author bio page
- Display categories and popular posts
- Link service pages from blog post content
- Add main service and city name in the headline
- Display Video, virtual tour, gallery or image of this location
- Google Map of city name location
- Driving instructions if customer visit this location
- Lead generation form or Call-to-Action
- Contact information (complete address, phone, email of this location in Schema markup and link to this Google Page)
- Add “hours” of this location (hours match Google Maps and in Schema markup)
- Link to Review sites (Yelp, Google, Facebook, etc.)
- Add Social sharing links
- Add links of other “Cities Served”
- Add a contact form
- Display NAP (Name, Address & Phone) in Schema
- Display “hours” in Schema and match to Google Maps
- Add Google Maps on the contact page
SEO tips for Moving service website
- Use structured data markup
- Create XML Sitemap and submit in Google
- Create/Claim your Google My Business listing
- Setup Google Search Console
- Setup Google Analytics
- Develop a mobile-friendly website
- Structure your URLs clean and SEO-friendly
- Optimize Title tags
- Optimize your images
- Create / Claim Bing listing
- Create / Claim Yelp listing
- Create / Claim listings on other directories
- Get on niche-specific directories
- Get on popular social platforms
- Submit business in top citations sites
- Check competitors’ citations and claim listings
- Remove duplicate citations
- Monitor and respond to reviews regularly
- Look to generate more reviews
- Remove duplicate content
- Update content regularly
- Build quality backlinks
- Post regularly on Google My Business
Are you a Travel Agent in need of more business? We excel at increasing the client’s search engine rankings. With our Travel SEO services, customers are easily able to find your website when searching for your products & services you offer.
We can help get you TOP placement on Google for the majority of the Travel related keywords in your area. However, we only work with ONE Travel Agent in each city. So, contact us before your competitor does. If you want more ideas and strategies for marketing your Travel Company online, contact our SEO consultant for a FREE Internet Marketing and SEO advice for Travel Businesses.